Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Inaugural Post

Now that I no longer have the Oprah's Favorite Things episode to anticipate, I decided to come up with my own list of cool stuff you should know about. The inaugural post will be about my new favorite book. (I warned Chapters that they may experience an influx of sales due to my recommendation. They didn't seem too worried.)

I first heard about Heather Armstrong and her blog while watching Oprah one day. The show topic was "The Truth About Motherhood" See more here and Heather Armstrong was one of the mommy experts on. I watched this episode and felt validated and normal! And if you have had a kid, you'll know this isn't something that comes easily. So I started reading her blog and eventually (2 years later?) bought her book It Sucked Then I Cried which was all about her life before kids, pregnancy, delivery and the bout of post-partem depression she suffered after her daughter was born. This book hit home with me and the fact that Armstrong has the same socially unacceptable sense of humour I do made it impossible to put down.



Have kids? Read it. Pregnant? Read it, but don't get scared. We all think we're the worst parent ever. But turns out, we're all just normal.


Thanks for stopping by!
Amber
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment